Tuesday 21 February 2012

PAIN: A Form of Matter


I think of PAIN (synonymous with hurt/suffering/sadness/etc) as being a form of matter.
In order for something to be considered matter, it must:

1. Occupy space
2. Have mass
3. It cannot be created (from nothing) or destroyed

So how is pain a form of matter?

1. Pain occupies space in the heart. When your heart is filled with hurt, suffering, sadness, desperation, disappointment, etc… all these things take up space where happiness and peacefulness could be residing.

2. Pain can be a heavy burden on the heart. It can plague your mind. It weighs down on you. When you feel sad, do you not feel heavy-hearted? Your heart and smile are weighed down. Suffering doesn’t leave you very light-hearted. Pain has mass.

3. I don’t think pain is something that is ever created or destroyed - it just exists, and it is spread like a disease. No one causes another person to hurt unless they are already hurting themselves. Maybe you insult someone as a defense tactic because of your own insecurity. Your insecurity is your pain. You just spread it to someone else.
Pain can be conquered, yes, but not destroyed.

^ #3 is why I try to keep myself in check. It’s my theory that people do not feel the need to cause harm or create negativity with others if they themselves are at peace with themselves.
(Peace with yourself = peace with others = peace with the world/environment.)
If I can deal with inner conflict in a positive and healthy manner, it keeps me from having any negativity that I could potentially lash out on others. It seems to work. Whenever I say something negative, I immediately know there’s something going on with me that I need to work through.

^ *That’s also why I think if we could just focus on solving our conflict with our own selves, everyone would be so much happier. If people worked to be more self-aware, and being honest with themselves, and working on themselves until they can be confident and at peace, they would all stop being so cruel to each other. I will fight for this idea, because it’s TRUE. It’s just way easier said than done, since people make their own choices, and I can’t just force anyone to take on my opinions

No comments:

Post a Comment