Tuesday 21 February 2012

NON-CONFORMITY.



So, non-comformity usually means refusing to conform to the ways of society. You might think of rebellious teenagers or misfits, when you hear/read that word.

Well, yeeah, maybe sometimes people change how they look, or try to look different, to stand out in society, (swim against the current ;P) to be different from others around them.

But, I think a lot of the time, wanting to change your appearance is more personal than that.

I believe that you are not your body. (WHAT? Is Tempo going crazy? No, this is just kind of abstract now.)

Maybe noncomformity is your mind, spirit, soul.. whatever.. taking a stand against your body and saying, “I REFUSE to change myself in order to fit this appearance!”
It’s giving your spiritual side (the real You, not just the physical, tangible body you inhabit for others to see, touch, taste, feel, smell - interact with) more control, instead of letting it live enslaved/bound to the appearance of your physical form.

That’s how I see it, at least. For example, I dye my hair black regularly because otherwise, when I look in the mirror, I feel weird. It just doesn’t feel right. It’s not me.

AT THE SAME TIME, I DO recognize that it IS important to be able to live with the limits of your body, and love your body for what it is - you were born with it and your body is going to die one day!

I mean, I’m never going to be 6” tall, LOL, and I’ll never be as skinny as a supermodel.
I won’t cry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment